Railroad Forums 

• Leased equipment MARC/NJT/AMTK

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1428830  by chuchubob

I went to North Broad Friday to photograph the MARC train on its "last day". While I was there, a friendly conductor told me that if I was there to photograph the MARC train, Friday was not its last day. The train previously used a SEPTA cab car, but on Friday it had MARC 7747.
 #1428851  by Silverliner II

If it is still here when Amtrak makes ACSES mandatory for SEPTA trains, they'll simply slap a SEPTA cab on the end and that will take care of that...
 #1429533  by Silverliner II

South Jersey Budd wrote:The MARC set was 7 cars today with both cab cars on the train. Maybe today is finally their last day at SEPTA.
It had all 7 cars in service on 9561 one day early in March when I last rode it. Tonight will tell....
 #1429556  by van2005ko

Today's GVF (28)-PM!!

Currently the MARC set is at Penn Coach yard with the engine removed from the consist.

Looks like this would be like last photo of the MARC set which I've taken last Friday.

#1429595  by Silverliner II

Still in Penn Coach as of 3am today. Whelp, looks like "a while longer" lasted four more working days....
 #1429893  by STrRedWolf

Silverliner II wrote:Still in Penn Coach as of 3am today. Whelp, looks like "a while longer" lasted four more working days....
Please don't tell me we need to grab one of our MP36's and "rescue" them...

...although having the GP40WH2 do it would actually be a sight to see!
 #1429911  by Silverliner II

STrRedWolf wrote:
Silverliner II wrote:Still in Penn Coach as of 3am today. Whelp, looks like "a while longer" lasted four more working days....
Please don't tell me we need to grab one of our MP36's and "rescue" them...

...although having the GP40WH2 do it would actually be a sight to see!
Still sitting in Penn Coach as of Monday afternoon. Well, Amtrak will take them down when they get around to it... lol
 #1430653  by Limited-Clear

A set of Marc cars went south out of 30th Amtrak level around 9pm tonight, guess that was the last set being returned to Maryland, on a side note they passed Amtrak 188 with the 642 leading (a shame Septa never managed to get that one for a day or two)
 #1430657  by Silverliner II

Limited-Clear wrote:A set of Marc cars went south out of 30th Amtrak level around 9pm tonight, guess that was the last set being returned to Maryland, on a side note they passed Amtrak 188 with the 642 leading (a shame Septa never managed to get that one for a day or two)
And thus closes a chapter of SEPTA Regional Rail agony that I'm sure they hope to never have to experience again.
 #1430681  by glennk419

Silverliner II wrote:
Limited-Clear wrote:A set of Marc cars went south out of 30th Amtrak level around 9pm tonight, guess that was the last set being returned to Maryland, on a side note they passed Amtrak 188 with the 642 leading (a shame Septa never managed to get that one for a day or two)
And thus closes a chapter of SEPTA Regional Rail agony that I'm sure they hope to never have to experience again.
Yes, it was agony from many perspectives but it was also fun having the varied equipment on the property. Kudos to SEPTA and the lending agencies in mitigating a terrible situation.
 #1487236  by boomer

Hearing chatter that the powers that be are considering trying to get some of the MARC equipment again. Don't know if lease or outright purchase. We shall see.
 #1487240  by zebrasepta

boomer wrote:Hearing chatter that the powers that be are considering trying to get some of the MARC equipment again. Don't know if lease or outright purchase. We shall see.
They're probably going to lease them until they get the multilevels because they'll have extra ACS-64s in the yard doing nothing.
 #1487249  by glennk419

Well here's another alternative.
Attachments:
cr 4828 @ trntn w rdg mu's.jpg
cr 4828 @ trntn w rdg mu's.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 4177 times