Railroad Forums 

• Fore River Transportation (FRVT) / Braintree Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1419319  by djimpact1

fogg1703 wrote:Caboose 100 is out of the paint booth with a new brown/boxcar red paint scheme. No lettering yet. Any info as future plans for it?
First, there is no "paint booth" at FRVT....only the engine house itself. With that said, the caboose was hand-painted.
Taken 1/14/2017 - my photo (credit Robert D. Grover)
Taken 1/14/2017 - my photo (credit Robert D. Grover)
FRVT100.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 8035 times
Second, there's still a good amount of interior work to be done to it...but there's more to come for the exterior. Being an old PRR caboose, I will give the hint that it'll "honor" part of it's original look (see provided example of another old PRR caboose...this is NOT the same one).
Photo taken by Paul Koprowski
Photo taken by Paul Koprowski
prr1.jpg (610.93 KiB) Viewed 8035 times
 #1419415  by fogg1703

djimpact1 wrote:First, there is no "paint booth" at FRVT....only the engine house itself. With that said, the caboose was hand-painted.
My statement was a bit tongue-in-cheek.

Looks great nonetheless. Could we see its return as the shoving platform?
 #1424971  by boatsmate

A drive by the yard in Quincy yesterday showed track work taking place near the unguarded entrance. it appears that they are taking up 2 of the 3 stub tracks. only the one closest to the road was left and that had cars stored on it. unknown company doing the work. also the Maroon Engine was outside the door to the engine house.

Bill
 #1428504  by boatsmate

Drove by the yard Monday am and saw what appeared to be an MBTA Engine sitting outside the engine house. did not get a number as it caught me by surprise. it appeared to be a GP 40 MAC. It was definitely not one of here locos. sitting there. when I came home later that night it was not visible.
 #1428510  by deathtopumpkins

boatsmate wrote:Drove by the yard Monday am and saw what appeared to be an MBTA Engine sitting outside the engine house. did not get a number as it caught me by surprise. it appeared to be a GP 40 MAC. It was definitely not one of here locos. sitting there. when I came home later that night it was not visible.
That would be one of the GP40MCs that the T has contracted out repair of. FRVT got a contract to repair one of them.
 #1428999  by fogg1703

deathtopumpkins wrote:That would be one of the GP40MCs that the T has contracted out repair of. FRVT got a contract to repair one of them.
Any idea how the 1139 moved from Rochester to Quincy? Special T equipment move after MC brought it to Middleboro?

Also FRVT 102 with 12 cars for CSX interchange switching South Braintree this morning.
 #1462258  by Kuyahoora Valley

Serial number matches list available on The Diesel Shop website as a 50 tonner. It was purchased from Ozark Mountain Railcar 2 years ago by a private owner from a scrap yard in Indiana and moved to Catskill Mountain RR to serve as a back up on their west end. When that didn't pan out, was sold to new customer in Glenville NY