Railroad Forums 

• AEM-7/ALP-44 status

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1427713  by amtrakhogger

silverliner266 wrote:Has anyone referred to SEPTA's feet as "the brave little toasters" yet? If they haven't I think we should get that started.
How about "beat" little toasters?
 #1427726  by silverliner266

amtrakhogger wrote:
silverliner266 wrote:Has anyone referred to SEPTA's feet as "the brave little toasters" yet? If they haven't I think we should get that started.
How about "beat" little toasters?
While it's more accurate it loses it's obscure reference to one of my favorite movies as a child https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brave_Little_Toaster
 #1429116  by mcgrath618

This is semi related, what is the status of the Comet I cars? Last I saw they were in storage at Overbrook but I haven't seen them in ages.
 #1429121  by silverliner266

I've seen them recently which makes me think they are now in storage behind the Wayne Junction shops.
 #1429149  by mcgrath618

silverliner266 wrote:I've seen them recently which makes me think they are now in storage behind the Wayne Junction shops.
Are they ever going to be used again? They would honestly come in handy right about now.
 #1429199  by Backshophoss

The Comet cars trucks were used as shop trucks for the SL-V truck nightmare,so,those cars are now useless. :(
 #1429585  by rslitman

South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 died on 6325 yesterday at Langhorne. Diesel 52 rescued and towed it to Frazer for repairs.
If it's needed to be out of service all week, that may explain why the West Trenton line only had one push pull this week, instead of the customary two they've had for the past several months. I figured this was due to a redistribution after the recent schedule change.
 #1429814  by CNJGeep

rslitman wrote:
South Jersey Budd wrote:2308 died on 6325 yesterday at Langhorne. Diesel 52 rescued and towed it to Frazer for repairs.
If it's needed to be out of service all week, that may explain why the West Trenton line only had one push pull this week, instead of the customary two they've had for the past several months. I figured this was due to a redistribution after the recent schedule change.
As least for last week, Train 9547 has run with Push-Pull equipment, and Train 6321 has run with MUs.
2308 is back in service, or at least was on Friday.
 #1432097  by scotty269

2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.
 #1432157  by khecht

scotty269 wrote:2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.
Has SEPTA started boarding peak trains on 0? I don't think I've boarded a push pull on that track in maybe 10 years, and that was a day when there was an early snowstorm commute.
 #1432171  by ekt8750

khecht wrote:
scotty269 wrote:2308 was on track 0 @ Suburban with a mechanic in the cab around 5:45pm on Thursday 5/18. Looks like they were testing something, as they kept turning the lights on and off.
Has SEPTA started boarding peak trains on 0? I don't think I've boarded a push pull on that track in maybe 10 years, and that was a day when there was an early snowstorm commute.
Cynwyd trains originate and end on 0.
 #1432172  by Limited-Clear

Cynwyds use track 5 at Suburban, when the Vs went down a Peak Trenton was starting on the 0, these days it is if a train gets protected out of Suburban for points south, and that's only if there isn't anything available on 5,6 or 7