Railroad Forums 

• Model Railroader magazine

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1422821  by granton junction

I am not a regular reader of Model Railroader magazine. However, the 1000th issue is this April. Where would I be able to purchase MR in South Jersey, prefer near Atlantic City, hobby shop or newspaper store? Thank you.
 #1422872  by Roger Hensley

If there are any hobby shops near you that sell magazines, go there. :-)
 #1423097  by CNJ999

In addition to many moderate to large hobbyshops, large book/magazine stores like Barnes and Noble carry Model Railroader magazine. Incidentally, the latter source carries a number of monthly model railroading magazines.

CNJ999
 #1424555  by glennk419

My local GIANT food store actually carries MR. Unfortunately, I think they pulled out of SJ, as the store in Pleasantville shut down a couple years ago.
 #1424877  by glennk419

granton junction wrote:I am not a regular reader of Model Railroader magazine. However, the 1000th issue is this April. Where would I be able to purchase MR in South Jersey, prefer near Atlantic City, hobby shop or newspaper store? Thank you.
Holly Beach Train Depot
Address: 4712 Pacific Ave,
Wildwood, NJ 08260
Phone:(609) 522-2379

Sadtler's Hobby Shop
14 Haddon Ave
Westmont, New Jersey
Phone (856) 854-7136