Railroad Forums 

• Leased equipment MARC/NJT/AMTK

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1411856  by South Jersey Budd

Get any last pictures of the ACS-64's and MARC cars that you need in the next few weeks. They are slated to be returned by years end. 1 set goes back in two weeks the other 2 to follow. Not sure what equipment will take their place, since about 30 V's still haven't been touched by anything other than graffiti artists and still sit in the West end of Overbrook Yard.

Starting Monday the AMTRAK/MARC sets are slated to be on:

9524, 9526, 1502/1295/9218 in the AM.

1565-9561 & 9553 in the PM.
 #1411888  by glennk419

What ever happened to the talk of SEPTA purchasing some of the MARC cars? At one point, I heard that up to 14 cars were being considered.
 #1411890  by Silverliner II

glennk419 wrote:What ever happened to the talk of SEPTA purchasing some of the MARC cars? At one point, I heard that up to 14 cars were being considered.
Nothing definite that I'm aware of on that talk....
 #1412878  by zebrasepta

STrRedWolf wrote:
braves wrote:Is SEPTA now going to keep the lease MARC cars until the new bi level cars arrive?
Nope, they're being sent back for Amtrak to lease for holiday service.
I thought Thanksgiving already passed
 #1412911  by Silverliner II

Of the remaining 18 coaches leased by SEPTA, the latest I have heard is that each set of 6 cars will be returned to Maryland over the next three weekends starting this weekend, one set at a time.
We will see how this pans out....
 #1412917  by STrRedWolf

zebrasepta wrote:
STrRedWolf wrote:
braves wrote:Is SEPTA now going to keep the lease MARC cars until the new bi level cars arrive?
Amtrak also borrows for Christmas and New Years.
 #1412927  by Silverliner II

STrRedWolf wrote:
zebrasepta wrote:
STrRedWolf wrote:
Amtrak also borrows for Christmas and New Years.
They have not borrowed commuter equipment for extra trains for those holidays in years.
 #1413601  by Silverliner II

scotty269 wrote:Rumor: SEPTA has acquired 12 working cars + spares from MARC.
Yep, that's the one that has been swirling for a few months now.
Five of the 18 cars they had left on lease were moved to Penn Coach yard back on the 18th; they are still there today.
The remaining two leased sets were to be removed from service one week at a time, one set this weekend, the last set over New Year's weekend.
If they actually did acquire cars... I would bet they may not necessarily be among the 13 currently still on the property.

We will see what happens.... *settles back to wait*
 #1413777  by khecht

On Monday morning, 9212, the first inbound Newark express, was still running a MARC set. I forgot to check what engine was pushing it when I got off in Center City, but I assume it was a leased ACS-64 based on how strongly it accelerated.

The cars' interiors seem in pretty good shape.
 #1413791  by Silverliner II

khecht wrote:On Monday morning, 9212, the first inbound Newark express, was still running a MARC set. I forgot to check what engine was pushing it when I got off in Center City, but I assume it was a leased ACS-64 based on how strongly it accelerated.

The cars' interiors seem in pretty good shape.
This afternoon, they were on trains 9561 and 1565. Basically, anything other than Paoli-Thorndale trains since the end of October when all the other leased equipment was returned, has been the exception to the rule.