Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

#1404388  by nitro878

Anyone catch the movie that came out last Friday? It was filmed in Westchester, notably by the Ardsley-on-Hudson train station, Irvington, Dobbs Ferry, etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/two-metro- ... 11552.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The article talks briefly about some of the inaccuracies about the scenery along the Hudson line, but it doesn't go into much of the inaccuracies about the train itself. Often, the main character (played by Emily Blunt) is shown on an M3 train, but overhead aerial shots pan to a diesel consist, or even an M7! Still a great movie and worth the watch, but figured people here might appreciate the local scenery.

https://nypost.com/2016/10/01/visit-the ... -day-trip/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1404498  by johnpbarlow

Does MTA have one of these?
Attachments:
MBTA Cab Car with Girl on the Train Wrap at Ayer, MA 09/23/16
MBTA Cab Car with Girl on the Train Wrap at Ayer, MA 09/23/16
MBTA Girl on the Train wrap Ayer 092316.jpg (309.27 KiB) Viewed 7909 times
 #1404504  by Ridgefielder

kitn1mcc wrote:they even show m88 in the trailer
M8's actually do run on the Hudson line, I believe, as they cycle up to the Croton-Harmon shops.
 #1404508  by nitro878

Yes, the trailer is misleading. The rail overpass shown in the trailer is actually on Fisher Lane at the North White Plains train station, but that is not shown in the movie. :P
 #1404510  by GirlOnTheTrain

To be fair the M8 in the trailer is coming out of the tunnel portal at 97th street.

Can't wait to see it, I thoroughly enjoyed the book - I'm curious to see how the locale change works. (The book takes place in/outside London)

Side note: I read the vast majority of the book on Metro North :P
 #1404577  by kitn1mcc

Ridgefielder wrote:
M8's actually do run on the Hudson line, I believe, as they cycle up to the Croton-Harmon shops.

Most of the m8 service is in new haven
 #1404723  by truck6018

Ridgefielder wrote:
Occasionally they go to Harmon. They go to Highbridge daily.
 #1404969  by mkm4

So back to the movie...

Does anyone know where they actually filmed the backyard scenes where you can see the railroad in the background?
 #1404973  by nitro878

Must've been added in or from a different place as the house, because the houses were filmed in White Plains by one of the golf courses:

"Homes in the Gedney Farms neighborhood of White Plains stood in for the residences of Rachel’s ex-husband, Tom (Justin Theroux), and his new wife, Anna (Rebecca Ferguson, seen here), as well as the objects of Rachel’s obsession, Scott (Luke Evans) and Megan. The homes look out onto a golf course, which made it easier to capture Rachel’s perspective from the train."

This is a good read: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/stor ... -locations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1406216  by Backshophoss

You normally don't see large grass expanses till you get north of B North(Southeast) or north of
Poughkeepsie on the Hudson line.
It was farmland till the "Developers" stomped thru the area, or just Woodlands.