Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

by BR&P

Ballpark 1990, Colonie was shut down except for some locos being scrapped. Here are a few pics from the top of the sand tower.
D&H Colonie 1.jpg
[
D&H Colonie 2.jpg
D&H Colonie 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BR&P on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by BR&P

And a look in the other direction:
D&H Colonie 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MEC407

Sad but fascinating photos. Thanks for sharing them!
  by BR&P

Here's 3 more, from ground level. The sand tower can be seen in one of them.

In case anyone was wondering, I was there picking parts from the carcasses, buying them from the scrapper who was dismantling the units. So it's not like I walked in off the street.
D&H Colonie 7.jpg
D&H Colonie 6.jpg
D&H Colonie 5.jpg
  by charlie6017

Neat shots.......looks like quite the dog's breakfast of ailing power. Surprised to see that ex-PC E-8 at that late date!

Charlie
  by BR&P

charlie6017 wrote:Neat shots.......looks like quite the dog's breakfast of ailing power. Surprised to see that ex-PC E-8 at that late date!

Charlie
IIRC the E unit was privately owned, and had been stored there. Not positive but I believe it was not in line for scrapping.