Railroad Forums 

• TRAINSPOTTING ON THE MORRISTOWN & ERIE, 2016

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1405589  by sean3f

on Monday 10/17 I was getting my hair cut in Flanders and I noticed the distinct wheel squeaking. Here comes 2 alcos (17 & 18?) across the bridge. Followed by 3 covers hoppers and a long string of tank cars. I assume they are shuffling the tank cars around due to the issues near Morristown. Any case it was neat to see such a long consist on that ex Jersey Central line.
 #1408758  by jhdeasy

The M&E Railway 2016 Polar Express Train Ride should provide both a fun experience for children riding onboard the train, and an interesting photo/video opportunity for trackside observers. The M&E has invested substantial resources in this operation --- they have been working on upgrading a bunch of their passenger cars and I believe they have a trainset of about 10 cars ready for this big professional theatrical production.

http://www.whippanythepolarexpressride.com

There are numerous scheduled departures from Whippany between November 25 and December 30. Some are already sold out, but there are others with seats available.