Railroad Forums 

• Heritage Unit on long island.

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1394009  by Geep271

Somebody on Heritageunits.com reported NS1066 pulling a freight train westbound on long island. Is this true? or is it a troll?

Admin edit to add:
Somebody on Heritageunits.com reported NS1066 pulling a freight train westbound on long island in mineola, Then the spot got deleted, Yes i know the freight service on Long Island Is the New York And Atlantic Railway.

Admin edit to add:
UPDATE: If you were wondering, the spot was in mineola, then the spot got deleted. I know the freight service is NYA because i live on LI and i railfan them.
 #1394500  by Backshophoss

Believe there's a Mineola somewhere in Missouri,that would be in the range of any NS Heritage unit. :wink:
There is more than 1 town named "Mineola" in the US.
 #1394502  by DogBert

Can't be true. If it were someone from CURES would have looked up the old paint scheme and cried to the local news outlets that NY&A is now using even older locomotives than before.
 #1534465  by Pensyfan19

Remember when I mentioned the "unofficial" heritage units on the LIRR thread? LIRR DM30ACs 404, 416, and 420 had 1970s MTA stickers on the front of them, and 511 had dashing dan on its right side. So wouldn't those engines also count as heritage units???? (And of course the SW1001s in the orange and black paint schemo currently stored at Morris Park)
 #1534515  by Backshophoss

NO,NO,1000 times NO! LIRR nods and winks at History of the RR. :( Sticker decals don't cut it!!!! :P
MN and NJT did paint/wrap historical schemes on some locos. :-D :-D
The SW1001's were done by NY&A when the pair was returned to LIRR :wink:
 #1534620  by Pensyfan19

Backshophoss wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 pm NO,NO,1000 times NO! LIRR nods and winks at History of the RR. :( Sticker decals don't cut it!!!! :P
MN and NJT did paint/wrap historical schemes on some locos. :-D :-D
The SW1001's were done by NY&A when the pair was returned to LIRR :wink:
Ok. :C I am aware of the legends known as the NJT heritage units (and heard that they might do more! 8D )
(I made my own smile that time since the emoji limit is 5 XD)
 #1534643  by Pensyfan19

Backshophoss wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 pm The SW1001's were done by NY&A when the pair was returned to LIRR :wink:
In that case, how does that explain this??? (The SW1001s were probably repainted sometime in the early 90s way before NYAR existed as a company, proving that they are official heritage units)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHb1uF4GBk
 #1534644  by Backshophoss

All Class 1 heritage units are not able to clear 3rd rail(MN and LIRR) and are too heavy to float over to Bay Ridge.
LIRR(MTA) nods and winks on the RR'S history. NJT and MN acknowledges their history. NY&A SW 1001's were a fluke that the grey/orange scheme
was used. MTA has never acknowledged the PRR was LIRR's parent after the buyout of LIRR from PRR.
 #1535046  by ConstanceR46

1. this thread genuinely should have stayed dead. OP is, dare i say, an idiot

2. LIRR will never, ever, ever, ever do heritage units. they were running fucking FAs in 1992 for fucks sake. it was a completely different railroad, and anyway, the real first "heritage units" were the C420s painted in as-delivered blue-and-gold

3.there were two discrete pairs of SW1000s repainted in grey-and-orange - 102 and 104, who served as the protect engines for harold interlocking, and 105 and 106, repainted by NYA after the low emissions engines arrived. 105 was repainted in a very... patriotic scheme but then was just re-repainted into blue and gold.