Railroad Forums 

• White Rock BC Railfanning

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1371056  by cnr1949

I noticed some questions about railfanning in the White Rock, BC area. Most people are aware of the line running along the beach at White Rock.

Other interesting points are Peace Arch Park where you'll see trains passing along the beach, from the US into Canada. Lots of space to set up your tripod and camera.

After leaving the WR beach area, the BNSF hugs the bluffs heading west. The line is accessible via the 1,001 Steps Park at the foot of 15A Avenue - transit is nearby.

Further west, there are stairways at the foot of 24th Avenue (transit is nearby). This site has a pedestrian overpass over the tracks so you can get some great shots by poking your lens through the wire mesh.

Further west yet, is the community of Crescent Beach which gives great views of the BNSF crossing Mud Bay on trestlework, recently upgraded over the mouth of the Serpentine River. Crescent Beach is served by transit direct from Bridgeport Station, the 351 bus.
 #1389999  by ENR3870

cnr1949 wrote:I noticed some questions about railfanning in the White Rock, BC area. Most people are aware of the line running along the beach at White Rock.

Other interesting points are Peace Arch Park where you'll see trains passing along the beach, from the US into Canada. Lots of space to set up your tripod and camera.
I don't recommend setting up cameras that close to a border crossing.
 #1390825  by AgentSkelly

Peace Arch State/Provincal Park is fine; I've taken pictures there before and both CBSA and US CBP allow people to walk across the 49th there without a problem as long as your in the grassy area between the actual inspection stations and that you park in the designated State/Provincal Park lots.