Railroad Forums 

• Private equipment collection at Colonie and Glenmont

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1383196  by traingeek8223

No one owns it, but a private individual has the rights to remove it. I'm not giving that persons name. I would appreciate it if you stop making assumptions and throwing stones at the organization I am part of. That is my last word on that subject.
 #1383302  by Jeff Smith

Noel Weaver wrote:All right get the boxing gloves!! Seriously I hope we can keep down the rhetoric, I would not want to see this one locked.
Thanks
Noel Weaver
No worries, I won't lock it. I've laid back from locking topics unless it really gets out of hand. Which means the arguments continue after I post to cut it out.

P.s. topic moderated. As I've noted in the past, museums, tourist railroads, preservation, all hot button topics with lots of opinions. I like the passion, but leave the score settling out of it.

Thank you for the clarifications that followed, let's move on.

Always feel free to use the report feature, and we'll take a look. I happened to find it because I've posted here in the past.
 #1396788  by nessman

They've been trying for what - 20 years now? I've said it before and I'll say it again - the only way those engines are leaving Glenmont is in pieces in the back of a truck to the scrap yard. If anyone tries to develop that land - the owner will likely scrap them regardless of "ownership".
 #1397102  by greenwichlirr

Benjamin Maggi wrote:Last time I heard, the group that now owns them was still trying to raise money for the move.
Then who is the group? For those of us who came in late on this story, it's hard to follow (or even possibly donate) to a group with a mission if everyone constantly speculates or claims to know but won't mention names.

Is some simple transparency too much to ask for?

Sorry if I'm ticking anyone off here, but I've know about this stuff for years and I'll be damned if I even know who lays legal claim to it!
 #1397106  by traingeek8223

The four locomotives located in Glenmont are owned by the Danbury Railway Museum. The four passenger cars also located there are all privately owned.