Railroad Forums 

• West-of-Deerfield Gawking

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1369621  by B&M 1227

AD-1 took 36 loads of salt to North Benn on Monday and another 12 today. Monday they left with 11 empty salts destined for NS.
 #1384708  by HarmonicRock

22K on the ground in Charlemont. Sounds like all 3 NS units and quite a few cars. All appeared upright. Terrible location just east of the Berkshire East crossing ( which is blocked as well )
 #1384712  by newpylong

2 engines and 10 cars off. Derailment caused brush fires. Pandemonium. Lol

Bridge Street blocked Tower Rd closed due to bad bridge.
 #1384717  by johnpbarlow

newpylong wrote:2 engines and 10 cars off. Derailment caused brush fires. Pandemonium. Lol

Bridge Street blocked Tower Rd closed due to bad bridge.
Big concern on Trainorders.com is whether or not the Erie heritage unit is involved - it's not as it's leading the 23K that is said to be held at Wendell. Whew!

I think I may need to take a step or two back from the Pan Am RoW when I'm taking pictures of moving trains!
 #1384721  by HarmonicRock

No heritage units. 2 Gevos and a dash 9.

There's a real nice fresh SD90 rebuild on 14R canned just east of there at Buckland though lol
 #1384726  by Mikejf

I had heard 14 cars on the ground, blocking both mains. Probably just an estimate. Wondering if this was an area of a pull apart when it was so cold, and now so warm the rail has expanded...
 #1384736  by johnpbarlow

Derailment doesn't look too serious per this article: http://www.recorder.com/B1-Charlemont-T ... nt-2147554

Looks like a handful of cars derailed with no containers lying on their side or in the river - a good thing! Picture on photos.NERAIL.org shows a well car truck sitting on a rolled over rail.

Interestingly, NS Intermodal Shipping News & Alerts doesn't (yet) mention the Charlemont derailment and its impact on delivery at Ayer.