Railroad Forums 

• Mount Washington Cog Railway

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1357891  by belpaire

Here is my model of MWCR #9, Waumbek. I designed in 3D modelling software and had it printed by Shapeways. I've made it in HO and O scale. I also designed and had custom decals made for it.

This is the O scale version. I did make rack rails but haven't painted them yet.

Roger
 #1357912  by b&m 1566

Very nice. Come to thing of it, I've never seen an active model of of the Cog Railway.
 #1371209  by RRFAN

I went up to the cog last weekend and was going to hike the boundary line trail. I got up to the cog base station and saw this weird cabin on a flat bed. It kinda reminds me of that baggage car I saw in a picture a very long time ago. I know it wouldn't be a baggage car, but I don't know what it is.
Attachments:
20160213_122723.jpg
20160213_122723.jpg (197.76 KiB) Viewed 6933 times
 #1371865  by cogger1

RRFAN wrote:I went up to the cog last weekend and was going to hike the boundary line trail. I got up to the cog base station and saw this weird cabin on a flat bed. It kinda reminds me of that baggage car I saw in a picture a very long time ago. I know it wouldn't be a baggage car, but I don't know what it is.
Could be the shed for the new Summit switch
 #1372227  by cogger1

It will allow faster turn around times and ultimately more trains on the mountain each day. There is a sixth diesel and a brand new coach in production.

There is talk of a second steam run in the afternoon
 #1372242  by RRFAN

steam in the afternoon would be awesome! I had a thought last summer that there should be 2 steam engines going up a day and it might come true.
 #1380955  by RRFAN

I went up to the base station today and the cog got a lot of things done this spring. They have some new parking lots on the right side of the road, when you come up towards the station. I rember last year when they were cutting the trees in those spots. That circle patch of grass with the cog wheels going around it is gone and paved over. The last one is that the museum is now up where the gift shop used to be. I imagine that the gift shop is downstairs now. Looks like they got a lot of projects done this winter and spring.
 #1382917  by Ken W2KB

At the Watch City (Waltham, MA) Steampunk festival this coming weeked, Old Peppersass will be displayed, plus a history presentation on the railroad will be offered. No admission fee for the festival. See: http://watchcitysteampunkfestival2016.s ... =yes&bg=no
 #1384729  by cogger1

RRFAN wrote:What day is the cog birthday? And since it's the 147th season does that mean there 147 years old?
Construction started 1866 First trip to the Summit was July 3, 1869