Railroad Forums 

• Maine Eastern Railroad (MERR) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1364077  by MEC407

Do we know if any Maine Eastern employees have opted to sign on with CMQ?
 #1364132  by MaineCoonCat

Goodbye Maine Eastern... Thank you, especially for this memory..
1-SANY0091.JPG
Mary Lee E. MERR, July 2011
 #1364277  by MEC407

Moderator Note:

Now that Maine Eastern has shut down and the Rockland Branch has officially been taken over by Central Maine & Quebec Railway, I'm going to ask that all further discussions of present and future Rockland Branch operations be posted in the CMQ Rockland Branch thread, found here:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=160482&p=1346932

Thanks again to Maine Eastern for their excellent stewardship of the Rockland Branch for over a decade.

This thread will remain here for archival purposes and I'll leave it open in case anyone has questions or comments about Maine Eastern that they'd like to post, but remember, if it pertains to current or future Rockland Branch ops, please post in the CMQ forum via the link above. Thanks!
 #1372209  by NHV 669

I'm not sure what channel it was on, but a video just aired of a Maine Eastern excursion trip, shot from a wide variety of angles and locations between Rockland and Brunswick on cable. The end credits listed the sponsor as the Great Falls Model Railroad club based out of Auburn/Lewiston. Any ideas on when this was filmed?
 #1613021  by therudycometh

Watchman318 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:03 pm I wish I had gotten to meet the innovative Mr. Garbely.
Meh, you didn't miss much. He's kind of weird and likes to lurk on internet forums.