Railroad Forums 

• Merry Christmas to our Members

• Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.
Important information from RAILROAD.NET site administrators. Need help using this site? Check here first! Your question may already have been answered here.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#1363218  by Jeff Smith

or Happy Holidays if you prefer! And thank you to those railroaders working tomorrow to keep us foamers moving.

Here's a shot from moderator and member Nomis: http://nomis.rrpicturearchives.net/show ... id=2276483" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments:
LV576
LV576
LV576.JPG (432.96 KiB) Viewed 11615 times
 #1363246  by Ken V

Here's wishing everyone at railroad.net a very merry Christmas and a healthy, happy and safe New Year.
 #1363270  by Noel Weaver

Thank you!! I wish all a MERRY CHRISTMAS as well. Nice day in Pompano Beach with temp about 80.
Noel Weaver
Last edited by Noel Weaver on Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1363272  by MEC407

Merry Christmas! And best wishes for a joyful 2016!

Hey Noel, the temp is predicted to reach 60 degrees up here in Maine today... that's about 35 degrees above normal and would shatter the previous record high for this day. Maybe I'll go to Wells Beach and work on my tan! :-D
 #1363297  by MACTRAXX

Everyone:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016 to all here at Railroad.net!!! :-D

As MEC mentioned record high temperatures have been recorded all over the Eastern Seaboard today - it was well
into the 60s F on Long Island on this December 25th - one of my relatives today thought this weather was more
appropriate for Spring and felt today was more like Easter then Christmas.

There are places in the Upper Midwest and western US that are getting Winter weather - and the picture posted by
Nomis probably would be appropriate for those folks - but not here in the East this year when all time record warm
temperatures are being set in many places today. December 2015 may be one of the warmest Decembers on record.

Only time will tell how harsh the Winter months of January, February and March 2016 will be and with the strong
El Nino pattern in place the season may be quite different then what occurred in 2015 (End of weather buffing :wink:)

MACTRAXX
 #1363305  by NHV 669

Merry Christmas to all.

After five days of driving, 3,100 miles later, I find it strange to report that the deepest snow I encountered was that along the surroundings of BNSF territory in Flagstaff, (spotty ground cover at best) and that of the Grand Canyon Railway in Williams. Just odd to leave the Pacific, and have the same weather conditions here in the Granite State at the end of December.