Railroad Forums 

• Richmond Hill Lefferts Blvd Team Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1361164  by vin5581

There looks to be a new customer in the Richmond Hill team Yard on Leffert's Blvd. I do not know who the customer is, but some sort of dry commodity bulk material is being shipped out of the yard. There is a brand new conveyor belt and chute system to load covered hoppers. Spotted there last night are two, two bay covered hoppers . I will post pics hopefully tomorrow.
 #1361517  by DogBert

Glass Recycling?!!

Any details on the customer?

I only ask because I heard recently that there's not much of a market for mixed color recycled glass - though if the glass is separated (as it is apparently by the machines at supermarkets), it's easier to reuse.

This could be a really long term customer, given the amount of glass waste in NYC.
 #1372402  by Sir Ray

I'd second that's a Bobcat loader.

However, what's interesting to me was this line from the article:
"they leased a formerly vacant NY&A property in Richmond Hill, Queens"
So the Richmond Hill team track was no longer used by any other traffic flow until EWG glass recycling started shipping?
 #1374406  by Teutobergerwald

That bit about the team yard being unused until this glass recycling customer came along must be wrong. Boxcars and flatcars for one or two local lumber yards almost always spotted on the track next to the Key Food parking lot, but then again, the last time I had been by there was in November, so maybe NYA lost the lumber business there? Anybody know?