Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1357927  by EricL

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why #59 (16th) southbound City of New Orleans lost 4'00" between Carbondale and Fulton?

#58 northbound had no delay.
My first guess was engine failure, and I was right.... seems to be a fairly common malady on these Chicago-based, single-unit long-haul trains... go figure...
 #1357948  by electricron

EricL wrote:My first guess was engine failure, and I was right.... seems to be a fairly common malady on these Chicago-based, single-unit long-haul trains... go figure...
Hopefully the arrival of brand new Chargers for the regional trains will free up old P42s to double head all the long distance trains. But I'm afraid we'll see P42s being retired early instead, keeping even all the P40s around wasn't done when the P42s arrived. ;)
 #1360405  by ThirdRail7

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why #300 (1st) on the STL Corridor lost about 3' 30" STL to Carlinville?

Looks like #302 (1st) combined with #300.
300 hit a tree necessitating a rescue by 302.
shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why #19 (4th) southbound Crescent Dp. NYP 2' 15" late?
It was waiting for equipment.
 #1362067  by rhallock

The following is from the NARP email newsletter:

Nuran Alteir | The Oregonian/OregonLive By Nuran Alteir | The Oregonian/OregonLive
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on December 09, 2015 at 8:09 PM, updated December 09, 2015 at 8:12 PM

Amtrak passenger rail service is expected to be restored Thursday after high water suspended regular service between Portland and Vancouver.

Passengers on Amtrak's Cascades trains are currently being transported by bus between Portland and Vancouver. Coast Starlight will continue being rerouted over Union Pacific Railroad tracks and then return to its regular route north of the Columbia River. Empire Builder trains are being rerouted along Union Pacific tracks south of the Columbia River before proceeding to Spokane.
Trains were also suspended north of Seattle due to a large landslide.