Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W CP's?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1359788  by CPSK

I heard a reference on the NYS&W radio of "CP's" I think CP2 and CP3. This would be somewhere around North Bergen.
Does the NYS&W have any control points in this area? I do believe there is one at CP5, which is at the CSX crossover.

CPSk
 #1359923  by waldwickrailfan

CPSK wrote:I heard a reference on the NYS&W radio of "CP's" I think CP2 and CP3. This would be somewhere around North Bergen.
Does the NYS&W have any control points in this area? I do believe there is one at CP5, which is at the CSX crossover.

CPSk
Yes, there is CP5, 2 CP3's (one under the Edgewater Branch Bridge, and another at 69th street) that connect to CP3. There is also a connection to Conrail at CP West Croxton.
 #1359947  by CPSK

Thanks for the info. I should take a trip down there someday - maybe do a run (by foot) with my Nikon and my Yaesu FT60r. Only about 10K each way.