Railroad Forums 

• Cartier Alco help

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#1359084  by jaash5

HI,

I posted on this in the ALCO section as well. I am trying to find out what happened to all the Cartier Alcos. I know about the ones that went to NYSW/LA&L and are now operating on the WNYP. That would be what is now their numbers 41,43,636,637,638, 85. I know that 77 and 79 the C636 former demonstrator units were scrapped this Jan in Cohocton, NY, as well as the handful that were scrapped by Marine diesel.

What about all the others, that accounts for roughly 16 units. I heard some rumors that they had some rebuilt? Are their any left on the QCM? What about all the RS18s? And the RSD15s?
 #1359324  by rr503

The RS18s were scrapped by Marine Diesel. I don't know where, sorry!!
I don't know anything about the RSD15s.
AFAIK, there are none left on the RR, but as you said, some short lines in the US still run them.
Sorry I don't know more!
 #1359585  by jaash5

Shame all those RS18s were scrapped. The ones that are running in NY are near me. I was more asking for what happened to them all so hopefully more could show up on the WNY&P