Railroad Forums 

• Work History

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1354458  by Bbab0223

I need some advice on what I should do. I am going to a hiring session Tuesday and I know I'm supposed to bring my candidate profile. So here's the question. I know honest is the best policy and I know they going to dig deep into my employment history. I don't want to lie, but I also don't want to look like a job hopper. I jumped jobs a lot when I was younger. For the past 3 years I finally settled down and stayed at one job. Do I list all my jobs and just hope they like my honest or do I suger coat my employment. The way I feel is they going to hire me for me or not hire me for being to honest.
 #1354672  by COEN77

Honesty is always the best policy. I don't know to many people that didn't job hop when starting out. Having stayed 3 years at your current employment is a plus. If you don't list them they might wonder what one has to hide.
 #1355927  by Bbab0223

Thanks Coen77. Ya they didn't even question my work history. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. On Sunday I received the Conditional employment from them. Just waiting to hear back from them to set up my background check.