Railroad Forums 

• Blissville Yard

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1348320  by DogBert

Explains why the two cutoff tracks are now being used as yard tracks right up to the old Cabin M signal.
 #1349330  by DaveBarraza

freightguy wrote:Don't take this to the bank, but I heard NYA has control of the territory from around 100' east of Borden Ave. I like the pictures you guys put up. I've yet to check out the new area down there yet.

It's ashame Allied Extruders is gone. That was an LIRR top ten. Same was probably true during the NYAR tenure. It will be interesting to see what else may potentially come online down that way. If Fresh Direct ever moves to the Bronx that building would probably good for another rail served food distributor.
Look for a new "BEGIN NYAR SECONDARY" sign west of Wheelspur and that might tell the story. It used to be located by Allied Extruders just east of Bliss as of about six months ago.
 #1352998  by YamaOfParadise

Interesting map from the NY&A's service discontinuance filing:

The LIRR has their exemption petition here with the original map (which is too large to embed here, hard to crop, and unreadable if resized to 800px width).

(Crossposted from Montauk Cut-off thread, which it was more relevant to.)
 #1360738  by DogBert

At least 5 days a week, haven't seen the WM mini-train on the move yet, but NY&A drops & pulls cars all the time. (they seem to come after 9pm for the outbound cars).