Railroad Forums 

• L&N Ohio River/NS M&E 101

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1315561  by cnj1524

I see that L&N Ohio River is going to be auctioned off,Did the ME own this car,and was wondering the whereabouts
of M&E 101/former NS research 34,I know it hasnt been in jersey for sometime
 #1321002  by jhdeasy

cnj1524 wrote:I see that L&N Ohio River is going to be auctioned off,Did the ME own this car,and was wondering the whereabouts
of M&E 101/former NS research 34,I know it hasnt been in jersey for sometime
OHIO RIVER is listed for sale at Ozark Mountain Railcar (OMR), but I believe there were no bids for the car during OMR's recent online auction. It appears no one was willing to make the minimum acceptable bid for the car. I believe it is owned by one or more of the owners of the M&E. Currently, the market for Amtrak certified private passenger cars seems pretty flat, with supply exceeding demand, and potential buyers looking for bargains.

The heavyweight business car which has/had M&E 101 painted on the side is not owned by M&E Railway; it is owned by a private company named Classic Rail Cars, Inc. This car was renamed BLUE RIDGE approximately 1987, after its current owners purchased it from Norfolk Southern. Here is a link to a 2005 photo of the car in service for MCVX (Massachusetts Call/Volunteer Firefighters Association).

http://abpr.railfan.net/february05/02-2 ... 205_OH.jpg

Although I am not certain, I believe it is currently (2015) stored on the San Luis & Rio Grande RR in Colorado. I had several enjoyable trips on the car in the late 1980s thru 1995 era, but the car's Amtrak PV certification lapsed sometime in the mid/late 1990s and the owners have not made the investment needed to renew it.