Railroad Forums 

• M&E Acquires Additional Locomotives

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#1305425  by ccutler

Yes very sorry about the cost of removing the paint. Especially necessary on a mechanical representative of the company--an engine.

With falling costs of video/audio monitoring systems, it may someday make sense to have some systems installed in the high-graffiti areas, to catch the taggers and notify police.
 #1305884  by nomis

ACeInTheHole wrote:The #79 finally seems to be making its way down from Selkirk. It is on todays Q417, spotted just now by a friend af CP10.
And it made it all the way into Pavonia (Camden, NJ) :-)
 #1305897  by ACeInTheHole

nomis wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:The #79 finally seems to be making its way down from Selkirk. It is on todays Q417, spotted just now by a friend af CP10.
And it made it all the way into Pavonia (Camden, NJ) :-)
-_- and the annoying part is it passed right through the yard where it should have been set off. I guess it wouldnt be Selkirk if at least one of the Geeps didnt go off on a little trip.
 #1306152  by therudycometh

It doesn't necessarily have to go all the way back to Selkirk if CSX cuts it off in Kearny on the northbound trip. But that is entirely up to them. The locomotives were interchanged to Pan Am by CMQ on September 12th at Northern Maine Junction... It is now December 4th, and we're still missing one of the three. They only had to go 470 miles.....
 #1306153  by ACeInTheHole

therudycometh wrote:It doesn't necessarily have to go all the way back to Selkirk if CSX cuts it off in Kearny on the northbound trip. But that is entirely up to them. The locomotives were interchanged to Pan Am by CMQ on September 12th at Northern Maine Junction... It is now December 4th, and we're still missing one of the three. They only had to go 470 miles.....
I agree with you. You wouldve had #79 by now if it hadnt overshot the set off point the first time. On a lighter note, how is work coming along on the 21 and 23?
 #1306193  by cjvrr

The real question for me is. If this happens with a locomotive that is obviously going to a specific railroad and lettered as such....how often does this happen with freight cars? I have to believe quite often.

Here is to wishing the M&E all the best in getting their new lokie by the end of the year!
 #1306300  by therudycometh

ME 79 left Pavonia around noon today on Q418..... I don't know where it is currently. Anyone spot it?
 #1306754  by PVRX1

Try Selkirk. Everything revolves around the black hole known as Selkirk.

IMO- the money to make these things runable, plus purchase price = refurbished 18 and 19 that run and dont owe nada :>)

And maybe add one something as a spare