Railroad Forums 

• Grand Trunk Pacific

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1265431  by terry03

I'm not sure that I have the right forum, but, I couldn't find one that said the Grand Trunk Pacific. My grandfather worked for the construction company that built all the bridges from Edmonton, Alberta to Prince Rupert, British Columbia (a distance of 700 miles). I am trying to find pictures of the bridges and the tunnels on that line. The line is about 700 miles long. They built the bridges and lined all the tunnels.
 #1454751  by wood burner

Gosh, you posted this nearly 4 years ago, no replies... I just found this forum last night. Well, best way to see your grandpa's handiwork... is to ride it. Where ever you are, get to Jasper Alberta, book on VIA's 'Skeena', and spend a couple days taking it all in. Most if not all the bridges trestles and tunnels are still there and in use. Most places are accessible by car if you car drive up there, but a few off RT16 locations are on dirt, or long rough roads, and don't even try it in winter, but to do this 'quest' for several days to a week one summer, would be the vacation of a lifetime for you and your family. If you haven't already...