Railroad Forums 

• JP Media's The Lehigh Valley Railroad Volume 1

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#1262578  by nydepot

Mini-review. No affiliation to John Pechulis Media and I purchased the DVD.

I watched this DVD last night. The LV is not covered well in video compared to other railroads, with the exception of other videos from JPM. I have several other videos but this one stuck out due to content. The amount of 1940s to end of steam in this video is amazing. The color film is worth it alone. Some of the B&W steam was stunning in clarity and exposure.

The coverage extends from NJ to Laurel Run PA. Steam and early diesel (lots of Baldwins), Budd cars for Hazelton, gas-electrics, and Alco S and RS units round out the engine types.

JPM has gone the extra step with this video to include menus (normally they just start) to skip to an area you want to see. There are also maps to explain what you are seeing.

What I watched:
http://johnpmedia.com/mediastore/index. ... ucts_id=30

Charles
 #1263126  by JhnZ33

Hi Charles,

I'm glad you liked the production. Much of the steam footage in this DVD comes from the Alan Furler collection. You may know Don Furler from a lot of productions in print. Don was Alan's father. We have to thank Alan, his father and his grandfather for their contribution and for Mike Bednar's research and great narration. Without them, this production could not have existed.

John