• Current M&E Roster

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by blockline4180

therudycometh wrote:4204 is going to run. It's an RRPX engine. I'll update that roster momentarily.

Glad to hear it won't be scrapped! Thanks1
  by ns3010

therudycometh wrote: C424 #4204 - OOS somewhere on Whippany Line
Ridgedale Runaround.
  by therudycometh

Sid Farkus wrote:Rudy,

Would you happen to know where the P5 that was temporarily put on 489 for the Christmas Excursions came from? The engine used to have a K5 on it (any idea what happened to it?), but ME always dismantles the horn on that unit when being transported and in for work or storage. Thanks
I believe it came off of the #563.
  by thebigham

I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
  by therudycometh

thebigham wrote:I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
That's above my pay grade. I just fix things. I can say that we have been fixing up #7205 and it now runs beautifully (took it for a couple test spins around the yard).
  by ns3010

therudycometh wrote:
thebigham wrote:I just read on the Alco Yahoo group that RRPX RS11 #7205 is being sold. Who is the new owner?
That's above my pay grade. I just fix things. I can say that we have been fixing up #7205 and it now runs beautifully (took it for a couple test spins around the yard).
Well, it's still in Morristown, so I would think it hasn't been sold yet...
  by sallenparks

I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
  by ns3010

sallenparks wrote:I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
That would be the Birken. Must be out on charter.
  by therudycometh

ns3010 wrote:
sallenparks wrote:I don't know if I should put this here but are you guy's missing a passenger car there is one on the Susie Q in Bingo called the Bricken or Bracken something like that it looks like it's painted NYC but says M&E on it.
That would be the Birken. Must be out on charter.
That's correct. Went out for a charter.
  by NJT4115

SW1 738 is stored near Ridgeday Ave, East Hanover.
  by MEC407

Is 489 back in service?
  by therudycometh

MEC407 wrote:Is 489 back in service?
It will be soon. Currently serviceable but undergoing some tests to make sure that status doesn't change again.
  by MEC407

Glad to hear it. When it's back up and running, will you be sending it back to Maine?