Railroad Forums 

• SHARE YOUR CSX VIDEOS HERE

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1059923  by pkm

On the 15th of August 2008 I was walking around the railway during my lunchbreak when I heard the sound of a working locomotive.
I only had my pocket camera with me, but rushed to the site, where the CSX EMD GP40-2 was shunting with some wagons for Certain Teed (I'm not sure what they were loaded with), maybe you 'guys' can help me out with some additional information!

BR,

Peter

The video can be found here
 #1135126  by MR77100

#1137901  by ajgood

#1200880  by 25Hz

Some nighttime action through Langhorne, PA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6drg1J8 ... RItLgsyvDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You might ask what the "woo" was for, well the air pushed aside by that last box car going by nearly blew my hat off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkP79QWN ... RItLgsyvDQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Much longer consist.

I really wish i had caught the first of the 3 trains, as the first one had an old style single tone horn (think GG1), so who knows what kinda power could have been on point(any info on that would be helpful). It went through at about 65 mph.
 #1206549  by monica012077

Thanks Charlie! CSX was pretty busy trying to send as much stuff as they could on the morning of 7/26/13 on B749. Got a heads up from GregoryGrice, here is the 2nd B749 to pass over the derailment site but this time I caught it across the river at Marble Hill. Led by a SD60 & an SD40-2, not 6 EMD's, but this one had a friendly female conductor and was about 100+cars long. Enjoy!
 #1206589  by charlie6017

You're welcome.......you're very good with the camera. It's nice to see video in your neck of the woods because
it's area I have never seen as I'm on the other side of New York State.

Looking forward to more video the next time! ;-)

Charlie