Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1193146  by railfan365

I'm one of the multitudes who can only speculate. The one issue that I'll mention here is that whatever the budget will be, it should address getting Phase II of SAS started.
 #1193152  by Thomas

railfan365 wrote:I'm one of the multitudes who can only speculate. The one issue that I'll mention here is that whatever the budget will be, it should address getting Phase II of SAS started.
I totally agree. It would be SO STUPID not including Phase II. After all, it is urgently needed, and two segments of Phase II have already been built. Was the segment between 110th and 120th done, or between 110 and 114th streets?
 #1193416  by railfan365

Thomas wrote:
railfan365 wrote:I'm one of the multitudes who can only speculate. The one issue that I'll mention here is that whatever the budget will be, it should address getting Phase II of SAS started.
I totally agree. It would be SO STUPID not including Phase II. After all, it is urgently needed, and two segments of Phase II have already been built. Was the segment between 110th and 120th done, or between 110 and 114th streets?
The completed section of tunnel that's in Phase II territory is between 110th and 120th Streets. Much money has been spent since 1975 keeping that and the segment from 99th to105th Streets in usable condition. And the gap between those 2 segments is barely more than the space needed to build that station at 106th Street that's been promised and put into Phase II.
 #1193503  by Thomas

1. When do you see Phase 2 beginning construction? What would be the cost and how long would the construction take?

2. Will the 125th street station be one track or two tracks?