Railroad Forums 

• Georgia Southern Railway (fka Georgia Midland)

• Web-Site: http://www.pioneer-railcorp.com/index.html: Alabama Railroad Co. (ALAB); Decatur Junction Railway Co. (DT); Elkhart & Western Railroad Co. (EWR); Fort Smith Railroad Co. (FSR); Garden City Western Railway, Inc. (GCW); Gettysburg & Northern Railroad Co. (GET); Georgia Southern Railway Co. (GS); Indiana Southwestern Railway Co. (ISW); Keokuk Junction Railway Co. (KJRY); Kendallville Terminal Railway Co. (KTR); Michigan Southern Railroad Company (MSO); Mississippi Central Railroad Co. (MSCI; Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railway (NDW); Pioneer Industrial Railway Co. (PRY); Ripley & New Albany Railroad Co. (RNA); Shawnee Terminal Railway Company (STR); Vandalia Railroad Co. (VRRC);
Web-Site: http://www.pioneer-railcorp.com/index.html: Alabama Railroad Co. (ALAB); Decatur Junction Railway Co. (DT); Elkhart & Western Railroad Co. (EWR); Fort Smith Railroad Co. (FSR); Garden City Western Railway, Inc. (GCW); Gettysburg & Northern Railroad Co. (GET); Georgia Southern Railway Co. (GS); Indiana Southwestern Railway Co. (ISW); Keokuk Junction Railway Co. (KJRY); Kendallville Terminal Railway Co. (KTR); Michigan Southern Railroad Company (MSO); Mississippi Central Railroad Co. (MSCI; Napoleon, Defiance & Western Railway (NDW); Pioneer Industrial Railway Co. (PRY); Ripley & New Albany Railroad Co. (RNA); Shawnee Terminal Railway Company (STR); Vandalia Railroad Co. (VRRC);

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1155911  by G&Fman

The last of the bunch.
Attachments:
Leman Rd, Pendleton, GA
Leman Rd, Pendleton, GA
Leman Rd_1_4_1.JPG (217 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
U.S. Hwy 46 overpass, near Oak Park
U.S. Hwy 46 overpass, near Oak Park
Hwy 46_1_2_1.JPG (258.87 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
Rose Garden Rd, Lombard, GA, just north of I-16.  I was told this is where they unloaded rock hoppers a long time ago.
Rose Garden Rd, Lombard, GA, just north of I-16. I was told this is where they unloaded rock hoppers a long time ago.
Siding_1_5_1.JPG (216.74 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
 #1165209  by G&Fman

Yes. A couple of weeks ago they started cutting trees and brush from the right of way, starting from Kirby and making it just south of the Hwy 46 overpass near Oak Park.

There will be a bunch of stumps to dig up from the tracks which just adds to the trackwork to be done. No telling how much work the two(?) trestles will need.
 #1168122  by G&Fman

If it's not just west of the grain elevators in Midville then it's either at Rayonier in Kirby or Ominsource (Swainsboro Recycling) just north of downtown Swainsboro. The 1320 and 4215 that were sitting in Midville forever were finally moved a couple of months ago to the HOG in Americus.
 #1180081  by G&Fman

Line is cleared all the way to Atlantic Wood in Vidalia. However, with politics sticking its ugly head in things, only the section from Swainsboro to just south of Nunez will get rehabbed. Disappointment, once again.
 #1182530  by mterrell

The engine in downtown Statesboro is gone. Does anyone know when it was moved?
I saw it as recently as last week so it must have been very recent. It looked like it was in really bad shape. Wonder where it is.
 #1182788  by G&Fman

Wow, I just saw it a few days ago! Engine is owned by the HOG in Americus so that's where it'll be going I bet. It's about time though, the cab door and windows were open, along with some access doors on the other side.
 #1212261  by ashley2771

had the opportunity to visit Statesboro yesterday and rails were busy, four loaded cars at Howard Lumber, with two empties outside; several on the Southern States siding; one at the Tillman-Brannen-Minick siding, and three at Statesboro grain...
 #1212403  by Freddy

Are any of the former SCL buildings still in use or standing, like around Macon, Vidalia or Dublin? And any idea what happened to the former SCL people that were working there when
that line got sold off? I know the Roadmaster was a guy named Moncus, who's probably dead by now, and was headquartered in Vidalia.
 #1213085  by ashley2771

I think the Georgia Central used the former freight house in Vidalia as their offices until about 2004, when they built a new office in Lyons next to their shop. The old offices were moved and are still in Vidalia but not sure exactly where. Not sure about Macon and Dublin.