Railroad Forums 

• Let's link 'em all up!

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

#1176723  by markhb

I usually stick to the Amtrak forum, but I thought this needed to be seen here (note that the original page links to a much-larger version, and the details are worth perusing):

#1192323  by joshg1

This is cute. Do I have to slide my Carte Charles again at Honoré- Beauregard, or is it one fare all the way to Spadina?
 #1195946  by markhb

I believe that's a cross-platform transfer, so you should be good.
 #1198511  by Fan Railer

canobiecrazy wrote:Green line extension to Canada. Terrifying.
LOL imagine riding in those cramped LRVs for hours to cross the border :P
 #1198513  by electricron

Fan Railer wrote:
Would it be better standing or sitting, considering how hard the seats are on those trains?
 #1198615  by Fan Railer

electricron wrote:
Fan Railer wrote:
Would it be better standing or sitting, considering how hard the seats are on those trains?
Guess it depends on what you want to hurt more, your legs, or your butt XP
 #1198848  by markhb

Personally, my favorites were the connection between Cleveland Circle and Cleveland, and the "Ashmont-Manhattan High Speed Line".
 #1200057  by lirr42

Couldn't you just imagine going from New Lots Avenue to Alewife via Philadelphia, Baltimore, Atlanta, Santo Domingo, San Juan, Manhattan (again), and then finally Boston? A journey like that would take weeks!