Railroad Forums 

• how many of you have seen a heritage unit in person

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1123332  by RussNelson

There are no real heritage units. They were photoshopped, and the whole roundhouse thing was faked with 1/4 size models on a sound stage. Doesn't count until I see one, and I live on CSX tracks, so even if they were real, I'd never get to see one.</jealousy>
 #1143089  by 2nd trick op

NS 1073 (Penn Central) passed my quarters in Topton going east about 10 hours ago; we get about thirty moves a day through here, but that's my only NS sighting to date.

Actually, it;s probably easier to catch the CP units in D&H paint at my "second home" along the former PRR Sunbury Line, since the D&H units seem to stay close to their would-be home rails.
 #1171442  by wurlitzer153

Now to 5. After many misses, I finally got the IT unit on 555 tonight.

NKP (x3: Ashtabula; w/ 765 in Bellevue; Painesville)
NS (Painesville)
MGA (Mentor)
CNJ (x2: Ashtabula; Mentor on a power move, never did find out where it came from)
IT (Painesville)
 #1171901  by atsf sp

I saw the IT and Reading both in one day and I also saw the consist the S&A was on that day but missed the loco.

This puts me up to NKP, IT, READING.
Last edited by atsf sp on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #1185483  by Dewoc19

While i was working last night at NS Colehour yard in Hammond, IN

Interstate on what i believe to be 65R stopped on Chicago West Line at CD 509 heading West, and a few minutes later......

Wabash (train unknown) on Chicago West Line at CD 509 heading east

so in 3 days i have seen 3 heritage units, not to shabby