Railroad Forums 

• Clewiston FL in June

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1163659  by nydepot

Any tips on railfanning around Clewiston in June? I know it's not sugar cane season. Any chance of just general freight trains? What about the diamond east of the lake with the FEC or CSX? Any days better than others? Thanks.

Charles
 #1163916  by Noel Weaver

Sugar is shut down in June but you might see work activity in the area. They run to Sebring three times a week and to Fort Pierce five days a week so you might see something. By the way they do not welcome people on their property so you best be on public property while watching and photographing. One more thing, good food can be had at the Clewiston Inn in the center of town and it is a historic property as well.
Noel Weaver
 #1164158  by nydepot

Do you happen to know what 3 and 5 days they are or are they as needed?

Also, I see from searches you watch the FEC. Can you recommend some places in Ft. Pierce? Thanks.
 #1164405  by Noel Weaver

nydepot wrote:Do you happen to know what 3 and 5 days they are or are they as needed?

Also, I see from searches you watch the FEC. Can you recommend some places in Ft. Pierce? Thanks.
I suspect they are a Monday through Friday operation so maybe Monday, Wednesday and Friday for Sebring and Monday through Friday for Fort Pierce. I think both locals are daytime operations. Although you will not get the SCFE the best spot anywhere near Fort Pierce is the park at the south end of the Stuart Bridge. You have good parking, piers, walkways, food, rest rooms and much more there. The bridge will give you a reasonable warning for all trains. Between lets say 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM you should get three or four trains. If you do not get trains you can get food at the Pelican Cafe and just chill out. If you have ATCS that will help you much as we have good coverage in that area.
Noel Weaver