Railroad Forums 

• Where do I look to learn info on a relative who worked for P

• Discussion relating to the Penn Central, up until its 1976 inclusion in Conrail. Visit the Penn Central Railroad Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the Penn Central, up until its 1976 inclusion in Conrail. Visit the Penn Central Railroad Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#1131959  by flywelder

I am seeking to learn who I should contact for information on my Uncle who worked for PRR during the 1900's through 1943.
I am working on my family history and I would like to know where he worked, On and with What equipment, and awards and records. etc.
 #1132250  by flywelder

Thanks Charlie! .. this was very helpful info!

Unfortunately I was not able to find his name? ...odd?
It is possible I have the wrong RxR... as I am going on my own memory and of others. Unfortunately my Uncle's brother and sisters have all passed on.
Would you be able to tell me where I would find such a roster for the New York central? ..... and any RxR s that he could have worked for, seeing how he lived in Alliance, Ohio. ?
 #1132377  by charlie6017

It's hard to say.........if he lived and worked out of Alliance, I would have to say that it had to have been the
Pennsylvania Railroad. It's unfortunate that you are limited in the info that you have. Now if he had commuted to
say, Akron or Youngstown to work, that would change the game as there were other several other railroads in play
such as the New York Central, Baltimore & Ohio and Erie or Pittsburgh & Lake Erie.

My best advice is to just maybe do searches on Google's website with whatever information you can obtain. Sadly,
a lot of this information from so far back isn't easy to come by. Definitely not impossible, however! :-)

Charlie