Railroad Forums 

• Help with ICRR History

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1090682  by tlovinggood

Hello--
I am trying to learn more about my grandfather who was an engineer with the ICRR in the '20's, 30's and 40's. He operated out of Memphis Tenn during those years. I am trying to locate his RRB number which, I understand, would help track him down. I also understand that when the CN took over the ICRR, many employment records were lost or destroyed. His name was Webster Perry Lovinggood. He retired from the ICRR in 1947 and died in 1950 before I was born. I am hoping that someone who reads this board may get me pointed in the right direction. Thanks to all in advance

Tom Lovinggood
 #1129175  by Thunder

Tom your doing good by going through the RRB. Try Ancestry.com for some more info. Most historical societies have no info on former employees. So try to get any info you can and use the RRB. Also check out ebay. Look for union records and anything from the IC in that time frame. I have the minutes and seniority roster from Mason City Iowa for the Rock Island. They are rare but if you find them it may help. Good luck!
 #1135020  by tlovinggood

Thunder--thanks for your help. We found his SSN from the funeral home that took care of his burial back in 1950 and were able to find his RRB #. Still doing some further research.

Tom Lovinggood