• Edaville Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1121972  by Cosmo

3rdrail wrote: (FY ?)
:razz:
 #1123573  by MEC407

Merry Christmas to fans of Edaville and Maine two-footers near and far, and best wishes for a steam-powered 2013! :-D
Attachments:
P1000723.jpg
P1000723.jpg (186.32 KiB) Viewed 5949 times
 #1186101  by MaineCoonCat

As of May 13, 2013, an entry on Edaville USA's Facebook page regarding this locomotive states: Its actually coming out in the fall and I think its going to be a 0-6-0.
 #1186108  by 3rdrail

Go Edaville, go !!! A steamer, let's reclaim the Flying Yankee, a trolley serving a small amusement park, hot cider, regular railfan festivities, hot spicey chile, a beer garden, frauleins dancing, Christmas lights on an extended route, ...what more could we ask !
 #1202212  by 3rdrail

There is some expansion in progress !!! Yay !!! Here it is from the RR itself:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10947401.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1202289  by MaineCoonCat

3rdrail wrote:There is some expansion in progress !!! Yay !!! Here it is from the RR itself:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10947401.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sure wish they gave some detail as to which portion and the length of the restoration in the press release..

FWIW;
On their Facebook page, [url=https://www.facebook.com/EdavilleUSA]Edaville USA[/url] wrote:We have what we think is some truly exciting news for you...In time for this year's Polar Express, Edaville will reclaim and restore a good portion of the old railway. It's only a couple of miles round trip, but they are wild and beautiful miles, and they lead to a magical and remote North Pole! Other changes, like serving the cocoa and cookies on the train, are in store as well. Read all about it here http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10947401.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

And get excited for the best Christmas ever!
 #1202351  by 3rdrail

I thought that they were very specific, giving general directions of where they were reconstructing, dates and prices of when they would be running. They've also been advertising the manufacture of a steam loco ! C'mon, we thought that Edaville was dead ! These aren't the Flyer Deadheads- give them a look see, toast 'em a glass, and give them a hoorah and a donation !
 #1202361  by Cosmo

Sounds like they are "restoring" a long dead-end. They will have to back out of it after. There's no mention that the track will open a continuous loop. :(
That being said, it IS a step in the right direction.
Perhaps they will eventually be able to clear up the paperwork/permitting process that kept them from connecting the old loop around the subdivided area that was sold off.
Let's hope. :wink:
 #1202602  by MaineCoonCat

Cosmo wrote:Sounds like they are "restoring" a long dead-end. They will have to back out of it after. There's no mention that the track will open a continuous loop. :(
Mmmmmmmnnn... IMHO, That would impact their customer "throughput" if there is heavy demand for the "Polar Express".. But then again I'm not knowledgeable in the operation of an amusement park and I'm sure they've planned this out meticulously. I do hope it works and helps make the case for full restoration of the original trackage.
 #1202690  by bostontrainguy

Cosmo wrote:Sounds like they are "restoring" a long dead-end. They will have to back out of it after
Well if you remember, the train in the movie did end at a stub track at the "North Pole".

I always had the crazy idea of turning the King Richard's Faire site into the "North Pole" and running the Polar Express to it. This might actually get pretty close physically anyway.
 #1203305  by Trainlover479

3rdrail wrote:Go Edaville, go !!! A steamer, let's reclaim the Flying Yankee, a trolley serving a small amusement park, hot cider, regular railfan festivities, hot spicey chile, a beer garden, frauleins dancing, Christmas lights on an extended route, ...what more could we ask !
I agree with everything you just said except for the Yankee... Its getting restored to operation, you really want to kill the restoration just to condemn it to the park?
 #1203593  by Trainlover479

Ok.....didnt know that. Ok how about they put the Yankee in, but take 2-6-2 #250 out and have THAT restored instead? That would be way better in my opinion, cause New England needs more steam. Speaking of steam, has anyone figured out what loco edaville is building? 0-6-0?