Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Discussion

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#1078875  by Tom6921

Has there been any work done with the trailer Seashore acquired from Trolleyville? When I visited Seashore in 2011, it was under a tarp. Hopefully it'll be able to run behind 1227 soon.

Also, what's going on with Transit Day?
 #1079034  by ck4049

I dont know too much about what is going on with the Cleveland/Shaker trailer 2365, but I do know that Transit Day is still in the planning stages.
 #1079112  by chuchubob

ck4049 wrote:Oh and while I am on here I should point out Member's Day is this Saturday(September 1st).
And on Sunday Sept 2 Seashore hosted the ERA (Electric Railroaders Association) convention. I uploaded some of my photos here.
 #1079221  by MBTA3247

My members' day photos are here, starting about halfway down the page.

BTW, if anyone has more info on the two Kansas City PCCs (photos of which are on the 4th row of that page), including numbers and which one is getting restored, please let me know. Seashore's website only has info on one of them, and since it doesn't cross-reference its Kansas City and Philly numbers, I can't identify which car it's referring to.
 #1079294  by 3rdrail

Hey Eric - just wanted to congratulate you on your magnificent photos ! I loved the car shots, the steeple cab with the baggage cart in the foreground one in particular. But the real jewel here are the overhead shots of you guys working with hangers, etc. Those are shots that you never see, probably due to the fact that it is rarely accesible. But, you made it happen, and made it happen excellently. Bravo ! :-)
 #1090050  by Tom6921

The first day of Transit Day was good. I got to ride all the rapid transit cars that were operating plus car #1700 from Australia. I rode the transit buses that were running as well. Will be back tomorrow.
 #1090069  by ck4049

Another thing to point out about today: The trackless trolley professionals from Switzerland were on the property today!
 #1093162  by MBTA3247

A member picked up a very interesting artifact for the museum at an auction recently: an old wooden sign lettered "Atlantic Shore Railway". :-D The plan is to mount it in the visitor's center so everyone can see it.
 #1093174  by 3rdrail

Pics, pics, pics ?
 #1093515  by MBTA3247

I'm afraid not, sorry. I didn't have a camera with me when I got to see it. I'll see if I can get a photo next weekend.