Railroad Forums 

• A&A first Steamer

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#71709  by BSOR Patarak

In Ed Lewis's A&A Book, there is a mention of the A&A leasing a locomotive to begin operations in June of 1917. It states that one was leased from a 'Jersey Field Lumber Company'.

I wondered where this railroad was located and if anyone had any information on it?

Thanks,
Pat Connors

#72600  by Aa3rt

Pat-checked my set of Pennsylvania logging/railroad books by Taber, Kline & Casler last night. Could find no mention of a "Jersey Field Lumber" Company in the state of PA. Tried both a MSN and Goolge search on the same this morning with negative results.

#73775  by BSOR Patarak

Thanks Art. I haven't been able to come up with anything on that name either. The only mention I've seen of it is the one sentence in Ed Lewis's A&A book. I guess I'll have to ask him about it. It is possible that there was mention of it in the A&A's records that he used to write the book.

Pat

#459231  by jgallaway81

Pat, did you ever get an answer to this question?

There was a locomotive picture on eBay a while back that was listed as an A&A engine, but didn't resemple ANYTHING the road ever had. I forgot this thread existed, otherwise I might have connected the two.

I dont recalle the specifics of the engine in question, sorry.
 #1082016  by Benjamin Maggi

Because the discussion was focusing more on the lumber company then the steam engine itself, and because more people can see it and contribute to the thread if it is in the open more at the NYS Railfan thread. It wasn't punitive.
 #1082102  by jgallaway81

Thank you for the polite and positive reply. Sorry if my question came across as accusatory.