Railroad Forums 

• Introducing.....the Thompson Caps Ltd. Thomaston, CT

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1048577  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

We are currently looking for any additional information concerning white caps that made up the 800 series, specifically the type of material used. If anyone has photos, please share them, or better yet, if anyone has an original, please provide detailed photos. We have been informed that the white pleated top caps with black brims and band were popular with the guys on the shoreline. Is there any validity to that? Thanks.
 #1052376  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

After receiving multiple requests, we are indeed moving forward with the reproduction of styles 801 (white overall with pleated top) and 803 (white pleated top with black band and brim) and hope to offer them by the fall.

The Otis Pin Stripe (Style #305) caps are beginning to see service among train crews at places like the Railroad Museum of New England/ Naugatuck RR, the Valley Railroad, and the North Carolina Transportation Museum. As a matter of fact, the Gramling family's Flagg Coal Co. 75 is christening caps on the NAUG while I am typing this post!

We surely appreciate all the feedback and support that has been shown toward our efforts to bring these caps back. Thank you!

[email protected]
 #1062179  by 3rd Gen. Brakeman

Alright, folks! We have been loaned a sample of the Thompson Style #803 cap (Thanks Bill!). The #803 is the WHITE cap with black band and brim. We will run both the #803 and #801 (white overall).

Please send an email to [email protected] if you are interested in either style so we can guage the demand.

Don't forget! The #305 Otis Pin Stripe caps are still available as well!
 #1344731  by xtcbct

I sent them a message. i'm late to the party by about a year. They told me last fall that they still had my size and I sat on my hands for whatever reason. Waiting to here back as well...
 #1351435  by CannaScrews

FLRailFan1 wrote:Are they still around??
The caps or the company.

Yes to both, but I think only limited sizes & quantities left. They were pretty much sold out 2 years ago.

The principals are alive & well and do frequent this forum (infrequently?).

Toodles....
 #1399379  by Bigt

Yes, I too am "real late" to this thread. Does anyone know if these two guys are still
in business, or, if they may consider another run of these great caps? I would love to
own a couple or more! The repro. blue and white one now made by Kromer is a poor
and pathetic example! Thanks.