Railroad Forums 

• The 470 Railroad Club (Equipment and Activities)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1034578  by steamer69

I agree. They do not answer to me....or any other members, donors, industry professionals......Narrowgauger is right. They are making themselves look worse and worse every day they don't answer any questions of members, donors, and people who offered to give them money. Their lack of integrity and caring is getting them a lot of new members and donors. Yet again I get attacked because other people agree with me. It's not my fault they (the 470) can't get it together.
 #1034615  by Narrowgauger

merrman wrote:You can have as many people as you want see your point of view. Doesn't change
the fact that the 470 board does not answer to you.
HOLDDDDDDDDDDD ON A SECOND.......I never said they owe me an answer. What I did say if a potential member or donor was reading this, it would be in their best interest to respond to peoples questions. We are after all the very same people who purchase their books, go on their fan trips etc. So in essence we do support them. And one other thing...I was a member for over 20 years. So maybe if they want to continue to enjoy OUR support they just might owe us some answers. Or at the very least an open and frank explanation.That "one" board member might take the posts here and explain that their reputation is in question. Very simple.....
Oh and steamer...its Hoorah ...not horay..... :)
Marine 1....
 #1034697  by Jeff Smith

Thanks for the discussion, but as I've noted, we're moving on. It's been an informative discussion, but at this point we're just saying the same thing over and over.
 #1039470  by Dick H

Mr. Narrowguager, I presume that you are inquiring about the NHN GP9 1757 that
the 470 Club has purchased. That loco is still at the NHN shop in Ossipee NH. I
have seen no estimated date for it to be delivered to PAR, who will take it to
Danville Jct for the SL&A to take to Groveton.

The CSRX is also getting the former Finger Lakes 1751, which is at the Derby Maine
shops of the MM&A for mechanical work. Possibly, the shipment of both locos will
be coordinated, so as to require only one move from Groveton to Hazen's by the NH
Central. That line is closed in the winter by the State of NH. I have not see a date
that the line will open for the season.
 #1039477  by steamer69

Narrowgauger wrote:Is it my comp or did the last 3-4 posts disappear? I was not aware of any censorship violations?
My computer is not showing the last 3 or 4 posts either. Just you're most recient post and the response from Dick H.......

Anyway, in order for the 1757 to move, someone is going to have to come up with the money to move it. Not going to be cheap since 4 railroads have to touch it, and I'm sure that they are not going to move it out of the "goodness" of their hearts. Just the Pan Am charges are going to be in the $3,000.00 area....
 #1039985  by Reader#108

I would be surprised if it didn't come down with 1751 comes from MMA.......

Also, the Tank Car is headed into the roundhouse for it's paint job. It was on the roundhouse track when I

was up there over the weekend......The 1133 CSRR coach looked fabulous in it's fresh coat of paint.
 #1040107  by steamer69

Reader 108 wrote:Also, the Tank Car is headed into the roundhouse for it's paint job.
There goes another $10,000.00 down the toilet. Let me guess, they're going to spray that with IMRON too so it "lasts".
 #1040131  by drvmusic

steamer69 wrote:
Reader 108 wrote:Also, the Tank Car is headed into the roundhouse for it's paint job.
There goes another $10,000.00 down the toilet. Let me guess, they're going to spray that with IMRON too so it "lasts".
That's your opinion, it's their money, and whatever they spend on it is obviously worth it to them. I'm sure if the members/donors have a problem, they'll bring it up at the next meeting.
 #1040174  by steamer69

Um...ok. Don't they have a locomotive to move, Frankinengine to start, a rebuild on a F-unit to do, and a cosmetic to finish on 501? Yup. Sounds like a paint job on a tank car is really worth it. NOT!
 #1040180  by drvmusic

steamer69 wrote:Um...ok. Don't they have a locomotive to move, Frankinengine to start, a rebuild on a F-unit to do, and a cosmetic to finish on 501? Yup. Sounds like a paint job on a tank car is really worth it. NOT!
Obviously to them it is.
 #1040188  by steamer69

drvmusic wrote:Obviously to them it is.
Which just drives my point home even harder about how bass akwards the management at 470 is......
 #1040192  by drvmusic

steamer69 wrote:
drvmusic wrote:Obviously to them it is.
Which just drives my point home even harder about how bass akwards the management at 470 is......
We all know how you feel about that. There are countless posts on this thread. At this point you can either join and raise your objections in person or not join and move on. Can we get back to discussing the equipment without the constant complaining about the club management?
 #1040204  by steamer69

drvmusic wrote:At this point you can either join and raise your objections in person or not join and move on.
Why should I give them MORE money? The've gotten enough all ready. And how do you know that I have no association with the club? Are you on the board and have not answered any of the questions raised by me and others?
drvmusic wrote:Can we get back to discussing the equipment without the constant complaining about the club management?
Silly me, I thought we were talking about the equipment.....and as far as the management goes....the equipment can't take care of itself.......