Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1014073  by johnnyTRD

I have a question for someone, the start date for track maintenance for me is suppose to start this coming monday, yet I still have not heard anything from anyone. I'm worried now, Ive tried contacting HR, recruiter and the new hire staff no response from anyone, this is killing me I am ready to pull out my hair. Has this happen to anyone am I not going to get chosen anymore? did the start date get pushed back???
 #1015556  by johnnyTRD

phew! good news I finally got my final offer I guess what had happen was is that my start date got pushed back they informed me of my start date on monday the 6th and then later in the day I got my final offer. Will keep you guys posted on how things goes with BNSF.
 #1025454  by lefty06

So after all the waiting I received an email from CHS saying that I meet the medical requirements. So does that mean I'm good to go as long as I get a final offer?
 #1479898  by JCB

Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

So I'm just waiting for an email of an offer.
 #1480142  by JCB

I didn't get hired. This is third time I've been turned down. I don't get it.
 #1480155  by philofab

JCB wrote:Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

If you get a conditional offer make sure you try and get thru background and medical as quickly as possible. Final offers are first come first serve. Meaning that if they send out 5 conditional offers, and then decide they only need two conductors they will take the first two that clear background and medical for those positions.
 #1480243  by philofab

JCB wrote:I didn't get hired. This is third time I've been turned down. I don't get it.
Keep trying. It's kinda like picking up on girls, if you have a 5% success rate, and you ask 100 girls on a date, you still get 5 dates. Only ask 1 or 2 and you may not get a date at all.

Also, are you well groomed and well dressed for the interview? Show up early? Participate in the process? All these things get you noticed and set you apart from the other people interviewing. It IS a competition. Wake sure you win. Put effort in.
 #1480405  by JCB

philofab wrote:
JCB wrote:Just went this morning to Centrailia, IL for a hiring session. I feel like I did well, but the panel I interviewed with were really cool. There was 33 of us there and only 5 Conductor positions. We did the drug test today too.

If you get a conditional offer make sure you try and get thru background and medical as quickly as possible. Final offers are first come first serve. Meaning that if they send out 5 conditional offers, and then decide they only need two conductors they will take the first two that clear background and medical for those positions.
I was turned down for BNSF within 48 hrs.

I still have hope maybe with CP. I calle dthem and they told me they're still in the process of narrowing people down, so at least it isn't a no.