Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Hiring Process

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#1003473  by DMFH83

trmn8r,

I was at the same interview session, and got a conditional offer as well around the same time as you did. Are you taking your strength test tomorrow (1/3/12)? Also, have you been scheduled for your physical yet? I spoke to a lady from CHS last week that had a question about a medical issue I had 15+ years ago, but I haven't heard back yet to schedule a physical.

On a side note for everyone else, I wore slacks and a nice collared dress shirt. I absolutely believe how someone dresses for an interview can sway, one way or the other, how the interview goes. I've personally not hired people I've interviewed based on the way they came dressed for the interview.
 #1009857  by skithechutes

I also received a conditional offer for this position, have completed all my pre-hire tasks, and am now waiting. The start date is two weeks away. Has anyone else that got a conditional received a final offer yet?
 #1010721  by deedee

skithechutes,

i received my final offer yesterday and completed all the paperwork today. Sounds like i will be in class on February 6th. I hope you to see you down there.

dakotah (deedee)
 #1010826  by trmn8r

skithechues, where are you refering to with a start date two weeks away, not sure which post your replying to, start date for job DMFH83 and I are talking about it is 2/27.

deedee, where is your final offer for? Way ahead of us if it's for Amarillo. Most I am aware of are getting their physicals this week. Mine is tomorrow, and another's is Friday.
 #1010965  by deedee

i received my final offer for Vancouver, WA. Start date is 2/6...which is coming up fast. sorry, i assumed he was replying to my post because of his name..skithechutes...lol. i don't know if they do much skiing in Texas.

trmn8r,
have you taken your strength test yet? if so, i would appreciate hearing your opinion, as i have already gone through it.
 #1011040  by trmn8r

yea, I'm not sure who was replying to who LOL, I just wanted to find out if someone was so far ahead they had a final offer for Amarillo, I thought we were all at about the same place, which all we like is the eye/hearing test physical.

I had my strength test back on 1/3. I was worried about it simply becuase I'm 46 years old, and while I have no problems with any of my joints, I did a long time ago have a shoulder bother me off and on. I was afraid the IPCS test might find some old injury I didn't even know was still there. But it was all good. No one ever emailed us to let us know we passed or not, so I found a address, [email protected], emailed them to find out when they would begin scheduling the remaining part of our physicals and in their reply they let me know I had passed the strength test.

As for my opinion of it... it's hard to form an opinion not knowing exactly what they are looking for/at. I hear they have minimum strength requirements, but no one knows what they are form what I've read... I hear they are looking for one shoulder or knee being weaker than the other, but can find no real detail of what or how bad it has to be. I'd rather they just had you go in give you a set number of pushups or lift this much this many times lol, but I guess it's all good as I passed. Read some posts elsewhere from guys who claim to be perfect specimens of health, but say they failed the test, that makes no sense to me, and made me nervous about the test, guess that's what I get for reading online and trying to learn to much about the process I'm going through. :)
 #1012092  by skithechutes

Deedee,

Good to hear. I also received my Final Offer this week and will be seeing you on 2/6! I was certainly getting a little anxious not having heard anything after my strength test with the start day fast approaching.

Do you remember how many were supposed to start? I thought they mentioned there would be 12 for the 2/6 Vancouver class.
 #1012150  by Train

Hey All,

I've been checking the site out for a while, and want to thank everyone for all the information that's been provided. I finally decided to register for an account to be part of all this. Excited to be here!

I just received a conditional offer from BNSF for a conductor position in Beaumont, TX. For those of you that have been through this process, I have a question. I clicked the link in my conditional offer e-mail to accept my conditional employment offer. I then received an e-mail from CHS, and completed the medical survey questionnaire. Do I need to do anything else at this point? According to the packet I got at the hiring session I should be receiving an e-mail from Verification, Inc. and complete some forms. I haven't received the e-mail yet, and am a little nervous as the packet said I need to complete the forms within 48 hours. I received the conditional offer on Friday afternoon, so maybe they're waiting for a new week to send it? I called and e-mailed the BNSF new hire department to inquire about the situation, but they're closed on weekends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 #1012207  by deedee

skithechutes,

yes i believe you are correct. i remember the hr person saying there would be 12. i'm kinda curious to see what are class schedule will be like. one person from Texas said 6 days/week, while another from Seattle said 5 days/week. i guess we will find out soon enough.
 #1012230  by trmn8r

Train, I got my conditional offer on 12/21, and also request to go to CHS website and complete medical history questionnaire, then on 12/22 got the email from verifications inc. to log onto another web sight and electronically sign several documents for them to begin their process.
 #1012690  by lefty06

I received my conditional offer on the 24th for BNSF track maintenance, and responded to the E-mail. How long will it take for them to notify me for the strength test.
 #1012942  by johnnyTRD

lefty

it was about two weeks after i submitted that i got a call for my physical fitness test. Its been about 2 and half weeks now since i completed everything still anxiously waiting on a final offer from bnsf, start date is feb 6, anyone know how long i should be waiting, should i have found out something by now ??? should i still keep my hopes up or am i not going to get hired anyone care to chime in on this. Thanks , btw this is for track maint in Fresno, CA
 #1013278  by skithechutes

lefty,

The strength test was the last thing for me, it was the background stuff through Verifications Inc first, then the physical from CHS, then the strength test at a local physical therapy office. I received my conditional on 14 December, got some stuff in the mail to fill out for Verifications the next week, took my physical 3 Jan, Strength test 12 Jan, and got the Final offer after everything cleared on 23 Jan. Start 6 Feb.

The whole process was just over 5 weeks.
 #1013377  by johnnyTRD

skithechutes wrote:lefty,

The strength test was the last thing for me, it was the background stuff through Verifications Inc first, then the physical from CHS, then the strength test at a local physical therapy office. I received my conditional on 14 December, got some stuff in the mail to fill out for Verifications the next week, took my physical 3 Jan, Strength test 12 Jan, and got the Final offer after everything cleared on 23 Jan. Start 6 Feb.

The whole process was just over 5 weeks.
you got your start date already, i still have yet to hear from them. what position was it for and what location?