Railroad Forums 

• NYA makes a cameo in an upcoming movie

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1005814  by Shavano

This was filmed back in October of 2010 when the 268 was first repainted after receiving the new speed control in house; two takes were done at two separate times with the an impact at 40 mph. The camera angle seen in the trailer at impact is underneath the former NY Connecting RR bridge looking east towards the East Yard.
 #1009522  by mirrodie

I'd seen a post about the loco being used a few months back and I just saw the commercial this week.

Talk about Cameos! Wow, nice shot!

I never watch the "how tos' that are included with DVDs but did watch it for the movie Unstoppable. I would love to know more about how the scene was filmed at NYA. Hope its part of hte Blu Ray/DVD set.

Anyone with knowledge care to comment on the actual filming?

Also, what other movies has the NYA been on?
 #1009788  by freightguy

"The Yards" with Mark Walberg shot in the former Yard A LIC. I think this is on the Independent Film Channel tonight last night 1/21 or Fri. Another shot in Fresh Pond with Sean Penn maybe "Sweet Low Down" or something like that 1998 or so. Law and Order SVU scene shot there. The picture with the cast hung in the main office for a bit. I think a few commercials have been shot in the East NY tunnel in abandoned tube where there was a station platform.
 #1011624  by wasKFC

It warmed my heart to see the commerciaial with the big green NYA locomotive and Fresh Pond bridge, as I sat on my ass in one of NJT's Raritan brake room's lounge chairs. I've never forgotten you, little people!
 #1013441  by Paul

Yeah, they did two takes. 268 suffered nose and hand rail damage during the first take. We spent all night repaing the damage and repainting before the 6am deadline the next day. This is my view of the filming of the second take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHhXj_tZH8&sns=em
 #1013528  by emfinite

Just got back from the movie... Pretty decent flick. The train crash scene was great, but I suggest going to see it for the Spanish chick with the big melons. You'll probably all see it, so you'll know what I'm talking about.
 #1014208  by mirrodie

Melons are great, especially off screen and in real life.

That said, enjoyed the impact video. Always miss the throttle up sound on the GP38.
 #1408153  by rscott417

NY&A has made a few film cameos so I figured this thread would be appropriate to post in. Last nights episode of Gotham had what appeared to be #268 hit a car (don't actually see a collision) at the Greenpoint Ave crossing under the John Jay Byrne Bridge. Next week it looks like there will be an investigation of the accident scene and will probably see a hopper-less allied extruders