Railroad Forums 

• Have not seen NYA out east in Bridgehampton

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #997972  by jayrmli

"NYA went out to Bridgehampton today with the 261&268 and one bathtub gondola to pick up the 5 empty bombs that was out there for over 4 weeks. I hope they didnt lose Pulver gas as a customer."

Why would they lose them as a customer for not picking up empty tank cars?

Jay
 #997987  by LINYARailfan

I am looking at google earth right now and it looks like there are still five tank cars on the Pulver Gas siding just east of Bridgehampton station.
Do you know if that was the last freight train to ever switch Pulver Gas? What customers are still left on the Montauk east of Babylon?
 #998654  by mainline

"NYA went out to Bridgehampton today with the 261&268 and one bathtub gondola to pick up the 5 empty bombs that was out there for over 4 weeks. I hope they didnt lose Pulver gas as a customer."
LIRR has put the spur track and west end switch out of service. LIRR will be fixing in future. Unfortunately they are still responsible.
 #1000478  by freightguy

With hazmat 1075 cars(propane) TC 82 probably went in there to inspect and found some less than favorable conditions. A friend of mine a little while back caught that job and they went into Paraco in Riverhead to a certain point to inspect switch and points. On the West end of BH north track LIRR also had the Hampton Materials siding for sand shipments. I would catch that train sometimes in PD w around 30 cars and 2 MP15's really laboring with the loads. Probably ran until mid-nineties or so.
 #1011353  by Teutobergerwald

Might that covered hopper be from Eastport, if that feed customer re-upped with NYA, or from the Central Branch or Hicksville Yard, which has been full of covered hoppers for a while now???