Railroad Forums 

• SRS (Sperry) cars on the PRSL

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#948084  by JJMDiMunno

Hey guys,
Came across this EBay auction today which has several slides for sale, some of which are of a Sperry Rail Defect Detector car at 10th Street in Ocean City:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

Does anyone have any images of Sperry cars elsewhere on the system in the 70's or earlier? In all honesty, I was not even aware of the fact that Sperry cars were used at all in detection of defects along the PRSL that long ago.

While the date on the slides is technically 1977, which would make this Conrail, the scenes and location are enough PRSL for me to quality for this forum.

Mike DiMunno
 #952668  by Steam man

Mike, I don't have any photos but remember handling them at Brown,Winslow and Woodbury interlocking stations every once in a while. We're talking late '60's ,early 70's . I know I saw them as a kid living in Gloucester City until 1964 when we moved. Our rear porch had a wide open view of the Millville Branch just about where the Grenloch Branch turned off. At Winslow they would sometimes overnight when doing tests on the Main by going down the connection and sitting on the CNJ sidings until next day.

Warren