Railroad Forums 

• Budd RDC Video

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#822568  by glennk419

While not entirely specific to the PRSL, I came across this video which does contain some great PRSL footage including the "split" at Tuckahoe and shots from the tower. While well documented in print, I had never seen this in action before now. Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN9LhwQv ... re=channel
 #823383  by Steam man

I don't know how many times I saw it from the same vantage point. I laughed when they showed the operator moving the lever, a signal or locking lever, making it look easy as pie. It was a bit of hustling to pull off the signals,unlocking and locking them each time,wait till they cleared the switch for the next move, then put your back into the switch lever,pull more locks and signal levers, then put the railroad back to "normal".
The whole tower would shake when pulling switches and don't talk about Armstrong Interlockings in winter with snow and ice. You learned to start pulling but still be able to let go of the lever, as if it sprung back due to the rods or bellcranks getting hung up you'd go right on your bum. Then fill out the train sheet, ring the next operator(s) down the line, the next operator up the line,report arrival and departure to the train dispatcher...I loved it.

Good find Glenn!!!!
 #824022  by eddiebehr

That film is also in the Locomotive and Rolling Stock forum in the Self-Propelled Rail Cars section.