Railroad Forums 

• NJT's Atlantic City Line

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#669491  by Schaffner

Is the NJT Philly-Atlantic City line an ex-PRSL route? If so, is it the old Pennsy route that used to be electrified with a third rail?

Last question is, is there freight operations on this line? If so, who is the freight railroad?
 #669494  by scotty269

Schaffner wrote:Is the NJT Philly-Atlantic City line an ex-PRSL route? If so, is it the old Pennsy route that used to be electrified with a third rail?

Last question is, is there freight operations on this line? If so, who is the freight railroad?
Use the forum's "Search" feature to get your answers. Also, check wikipedia.
 #669497  by JJMDiMunno

Schaffner wrote:Is the NJT Philly-Atlantic City line an ex-PRSL route? If so, is it the old Pennsy route that used to be electrified with a third rail?

Yes, it is the ex-PRSL "Main Line" to Atlantic City. It was originally the PRR's route to Atlantic City at one time, though not the one that was electrified (that was the route from Camden through Woodbury, to Newfield, and on to Atlantic City via Pleasantville).

Freight operations are handled by the SRNJ, and are entirely transfer operations between Winslow and GRIFF interlocking near Pleasantville. There are no current freight customers on the AC Line itself, with the exception of PATCO which OCCASIONALLY receives cars, though they're north of Winslow.

Mike DiMunno
 #1131836  by rrbluesman

Does anyone know what the sign says the height clearance is for the Atlantic City Line bridge over Spring Road next to the CNJ Tracks? I am working on a modeling project and I want it to be as right as I can make it. I have scanned through the pics on the internet and I never see the road sign with the height clearance on it. Thanks!