Railroad Forums 

• Center & Alan Interlockings

• Discussion relating to the PRSL
Discussion relating to the PRSL

Moderator: JJMDiMunno

#254431  by Diesel Doc

Does anybody know where I can find an interlocking map / trackchart of Center and Alan interlockings? I have been looking for years on the net and it seem these two places have fallen off the face of the internet earth.

#254672  by kevikens

If you can find a copy try Richard Glaudulich's Atlantic City rail book. It has both photos and maps of rail acticity in Camden from mid 19th to mid 20th Centuries.

Re:

#580470  by RDG-LNE

TSP5-TSP6 wrote:
http://www.roangelo.net/valente/camden.html
Too clarify this, Alan was between Second and Third Streets on Bridge Street, it controlled access to the PRR ferry terminal and yards in Camden. Center was located a bit east of Alan - follow the tracks east until you hit the wye arrangement on Carman Street where it meets Penn Avenue. The tracks that run north to south (roughly) through Center are the current shared assets Vineland Secondary tracks and the PATCO tracks run alongside of them.

Drew
 #596739  by NJrailfan

Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.
 #596761  by JJMDiMunno

NJrailfan wrote:Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.
No - I believe the Camden Belt Line was the line extending south from Coopers Point to Bulson Street yard and intersecting with the Millville Branch at BROWN.

Mike DiMunno
 #597240  by Steam man

JJMDiMunno wrote:
NJrailfan wrote:Is the line that went through Cener and Alan interlocking what was know as the camden Belt Line. The line is mentioned in the West Jersey rails 3 book, but I havent been able to to find out anything on where it was or which railroad owned it.
No - I believe the Camden Belt Line was the line extending south from Coopers Point to Bulson Street yard and intersecting with the Millville Branch at BROWN.

Mike DiMunno
You are right Mike. The Belt Line was the remains of the old ACRR line to Kaighn's Point Terminal which then made a hard turn north at Kaighn's Ave and ran north down the middle of South Front Street to the engine servicing area and on to Cooper's Point.