Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #579508  by M1a6776

I’m wondering if there may be someone familiar with the old Pennsy Trenton Cutoff (now Dale Secondary) RoW that ran through the Swedesburg, PA, area. Back when the RoW was double track and electrified, there used to be a siding located west of Earnest Yard along the westbound track where the Cutoff paralleled the Pennsylvania Turnpike between the PRR’s Schuylkill River bridge and Flint Hill Road bridge.

I’ve always wondered what this siding was used for. The nearest industry was the McCoy (now Glasgow) stone quarry on the opposite side of the Cutoff further south along Flint Hill Road. However, there was no associated branch running from the Cutoff to the quarry or facilities there.

Looking at the attached interlocking diagram from The Broad Way web site, the siding is located between Henderson Road crossing and “Nest” (i.e., Earnest Yard) in the section labeled Rambo.

http://broadway.pennsyrr.com/rail/Prr/M ... k/nest.gif

Anyone familiar with this section of the Trenton Cutoff and the purpose of this siding?

Thanks,

Mike
 #579578  by M1a6776

westernfalls,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike