Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #568775  by DV211

I was wondering if someone could help me obtain a copy of this publication: Volume 6–3&4 / Volume 7 1 - The Octoraro Branch (Summer 1986, 4th printing).
The technical society list this publication as sold out, but I was not sure if someone could direct me to a copy. Also, if anyone could provide me with more information on the branch I would greatly appreciate it.
Sincerely,
AJM
 #587482  by daprof

I bought a copy at the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum in Strasburg less than a month ago. There were others in the rack at that time.

The branch ran from Wawa, Pa to an intersection with the Columbia & Port Deposit on the Susquehanna. Today all that remains is the section between Chadds Ford and Nottingham, PA which still sees occasional freight use. It's operated by the Brandywine Valley RR.
 #588301  by rob216

It is no longer operated by the Brandywine Valley RR.. The line was bought from SEPTA about three years ago and is operated and owned by The East Penn Railroad. The main office for the railroad can be found in Kennett Square in the train station off of Broad Street.