Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the PRR, up to 1968. Visit the PRR Technical & Historical Society for more information.
 #1464715  by mossy33oak

Hello, I am a new member and I am not well versed in train terms or abbreviations. I am researching the 1916 New Portage accident at Duncansville, PA. I am trying to do a photo recreate of the exact spot that the accident happened. I have the accident report, but it is filled with abbreviations that I don't understand. I need these to properly locate the exact accident site. They are: SF, SN, MS towers. Also, I am having trouble finding a map of the railroad in 1916 because it looks like a huge U shaped section was added to the tracks sometime after 1916. If anyone has a circa 1916 map it would help immensely. This has been a fun project but I'm running into some bumps that's holding me back from completing my task. Thank you for any and all help.
 #1465383  by mossy33oak

Well, I typed this post last Saturday while I was standing at the site, map in hand, actively searching. In the weeks time it took from me hitting submit, to it actually appearing on the message board, I found the accident site, recreated it, erected a monument, rebuilt the tracks by hand, rebuilt a new MS tower, and a gift shop. But thanks anyway for the assistance.